Monday, March 12, 2012

Baptism!

Another P-day here in Boynton Beach. My areas have gotten more and more ghetto as I get switched around. This is really the slums. Oh well. What can you do? I like the ward here, but we have NO meals. I'm thinking I'll bring it up at our correlation meeting on Tuesday. I haven't had a single meal since I've been here and they really help to find people to teach. We don't get home until about 9. Actually something pretty cool, there's a member in the ward just south of us (I think Boca Raton or something). He's like 22 and he works at Panda Express so like 3 or 4 times a week, he comes over at like 9:45 and brings us food. But as you all know, I don't like asian food... But I eat it anyway. The worst thing about being here in Florida on a mission is I can't take my shirt off. I have a farmers tan. I hate it. haha. Maybe one of these P-days I'll go tanning or something. Nothing too spiritual happened this week. We did have a baptism on Saturday. Which I forgot to tell you about him. ha. He's Jeffery Gibbons. He's 19 and lives with his grandparents here in FL. They only found him like 2 weeks before I got here. He went to church the first time on the Sunday right before I was here, and he said (we met that Friday) that he felt the Spirit when he saw someone receive the Holy Ghost. So he recognized the Spirit which is actually pretty impressive. Not a lot of people can. Anyway, he has a gf in Utah who is a member and she came down for spring break and was there. That was cool.. Ugh. There are seriously like 49 churches in the area that we work. It's so annoying. So occasionally we'll run into a pastor or reverand or whatever. Mostly they're nice, but some are super rude. Whatever.

Alright. I love you family! General Conference is just about here. Remember last conference? My first weekend in the MTC. Time is flying. Now there's even more excitement for General Conference because it's a 6 month milestone each time. But I'm super excited for conference. It's the best. I miss you guys. I love you a ton!

No comments:

Post a Comment