Monday, July 15, 2013

Alma's parable of Faith

Dear Thorne's and such,

Thiss week was goood. I feel like nothing happened out of the ordinary. Just kind of the same old. We got a few new investigators, but not like any awesome super prepared people. Oh, I guess there's a couple. So “K1” and “K2” live in a halfway house (honestly if you just met them on the street, you'd have no idea). The first time we went, we blessed “K1.” We went back to teach, we met “K2” too. Then the 3rd time, we met “B.” Then the 4th time we went over, we met “K3.” haha. All way solid, open, humble guys. “B” is super amazing. We've actually taught him the most. When we first met him, he had a couple questions about like who we are and what we do and such. As we were leaving, “K2” told us that he accidentally took out the book mark that we had left in the chapter we left him to read and asked where he was to put it. I honestly had totally forgot what chapter we left (Elder “M” left a random one). I remember we had talked about faith, so I just took it and placed it in Alma 32... 

So.. We came back the Next day and “B” was outside chillin'. He invited us in and he walks back to his room and he goes 'Yeah I really loved that reading you guys left'. And we were just like.. Um.. Ok. We never left anything with him. haha. But he had read the whole chapter and absolutely loved it. He was like, 'Do you want to read the whole thing, or do you want me to just talk about what stood out to me and what I liked?' OMG. So awesome. He told us about some verses that he loved and things that really hit home for him. He said it was perfect for him. Inspiration from God? I think yes. He's been super solid. His dad is a member, married a Catholic girl; so he grew up in a split home where they kinda just gave up on religion. So we're trying to find out if he's actually been baptized already haha. He doesn't remember. 
Hmm.. Oh yeah so the “M” family.. “B” and “J.” I don’t know if I've told you about them yet. But they are the typical, white investigator family that every Mormon expects us to teach. When we go over, it's the mom and dad and all the kids in the living room listening to the missionaries asking questions such as, "Where did we come from?" "What happens after I die?" and "How can we know if something is true or not?" You know, all those people that are being taught in the Mormon movies. Haha. k that's a little bit of an exaggeration, but just a little.. It's super strange; I kinda don't like it. haha. Nah but I love this family so much. They're great. Missionaries have been teaching them for about 5 months or so. They are 100% totally and completely are qualified for baptism. “J” is so solid, she studies the gospel more than some members I know haha. Pray for them for sure. 

Welp.. Other than that. Life is good. I like it. TLund looks (good) :) hahaha tell him to write me. I love him. Huge example to me. Can't wait to see him again. I miss you. I love you. K bye.

 

Elder JR Thorne

No comments:

Post a Comment