Monday, January 16, 2012

Loving the new area!

FREE MCDONALDS!! FREE MCDONALDS!! FREE MCDONALDS!! FREE MCDONALDS!! FREE MCDONALDS!! FREE MCDONALDS!! FREE MCDONALDS!! I love it here. The bishop of the ward here owns McDonalds so we get free McDonald's whenever we want. I love it. haha. I was sure Bro. Oaks would call you. I was sitting in the back of Bro Oaks car (here) and he was asking me where I was from, and he said he had a brother in Draper. I didn’t think anything of it, but he's like "Yeah, Sterling Oaks" And I was just like what? When I thought about it, they do look similar. But he called him and I talked to him on speaker phone for a bit. It was neat. So I'm here in Wellington FL. It's in the Stuart Zone so it was part of the Orlando mission. I feel like I'm back in America again. I miss Miami but it's good. We work a lot in this way ghetto neighborhood. But there's lots of good people. Like "T". We were knocking doors and we see this boy and girl hanging out in their driveway/parking lot hey're quadplexes? like four houses connected) and we asked if we could bless them. He said yes and went through his window and met us at his front door. He was just there with that girl and like 3 younger siblings. None of them wanted to participate, so it was just us and "T". We blessed him and his home and talked to him for a bit. He said he really needed a blessing. He's on house arrest (we don't know for what) and he's going through a hard time. Before he got arrested, he was looking for a church but he didn't have time. He also tried to get baptized in jail, but no one would. So he was praying that God would help him get out of the situation. So he said being on house arrest was a blessing (he was in jail about 2 months) But he is super humble and is really prepared to get baptized. He wants to get on the right path and he loves us coming over. We taught him the Gospel of Jesus Christ (faith, repentance, baptism, Holy Ghost, endure to the end) and he took it all in. We asked him to say the closing prayer and he pleaded God to forgive him for all the wrong that he has done. It was very spiritual. I feel bad, he's only 17 but he just wants to leave his old life and do the right thing. It's really cool. After we blessed him, Friday, we walk out and we see these two huge guys smoking on the driveway. I was feeling so pumped about meeting "T", that I just felt bold enough to go talk to them, thinking I might get punched in the face. One of them was just leaving (the bigger one) but one was like yeah you can bless my home. So James took us to his house (next door to "T") and we blessed his home. He felt the Spirit so strong and after the blessing he said he felt "blessed". We're meeting with him tonight. He's super prepared as well. It's awesome. And it's all in English so I love it. Except, I don’t know if President Anderson told you, but I guess he switched me to a Spanish missionary........................... ugh. So now I'm learning on my own I consider myself born and raised in Miami, I'm not a Utahn anymore. Anything under 60 degrees and I'm freezing. So my new comp is good. He's from Springville. Elder Shaffer. We live in a duplex. And it's just the 2 of us. It's pretty nice. Ah yesterday we went to a member's house to eat and they had the Ravens Texans game on. I saw the play towards the end where Ed Reed picked it off with like a minute left up by 7. He turned it off then but I'm suspecting that was the end. Oh, can you get the David Archuleta Christmas CD and put it on my ipod when i send it back? We had it at our other apt and i really liked it. You guys should read the article on page 101 of the Conference Ensign. It's really really good. That's about it.. Nothing else too exciting. Thanks for everything!
I love you guys!

Love

Elder Jaren Thorne

No comments:

Post a Comment