Monday, July 9, 2012

Harvesting

Hey.
How is everyone? I hope you guys are doing good. I love you all a ton.
Well.. Still a lot of knocking doors.. But we are trying to get out and see all of the members of the ward so we've been doing some stop-bys for less actives and we had a couple appts. with other members. We did find a really cool lady on Friday though. Our zone leaders, Elder F and Elder B, came and did a fire exchange with us. We just harvested with them, me with Elder F and Elder L with Elder B. Elder F and I had a good experience. We walked up to a house and there was a lady standing outside doing something. We told her who we were and that we were sent to leave a blessing. She said sure and we just prayed with her out there. She was crying at the end and we invited her to be baptized and she agreed! She was talking about her past and how she just wants a new beginning and she knew that this was what she was looking for. 
The 4th was ok. We went to a members house for a BBQ in the afternoon. But that's like the only fun thing. The pizza was awesome! Everyone loved it. And it was such a surprise because I didn't know my address.. But I'm sure glad you found it out somehow. Your guys' 4th sounds pretty good. I can't believe you guys can do those 5k's. I would never. We went jogging one morning and it was like the worst thing in the world. And we only went like 1 mile. Running in vans didn't help either.. 
But anyway, yeah there's not a whole bunch to report on this week.. Not a whole lot going on. I'll try to find cool things to write about. We might go to downtown Fort Laud today so I'll see a lot of familiar sights. Elder T and Elder H (they live with us) said they drove by a Bubba Gump Shrimp by the beach and I told them that it's totally the one we ate at while we were here! So cool.
Yeah but I love you guys. I hope you guys are happy. Even though missionary work is like the hardest/most disappointing thing ever, I'm happier than ever. It's because of the gospel and the opportunity I have to be around it and living it all the time. I've seen it change the worst people into solid followers of Jesus Christ. And they'll say it too, they're happier than they've ever been. Please, if there is ANYTHING that is getting in the way of you living the gospel, destroy it, end it, stop it. Don't let anything distract you from what you came here to do: receive eternal life. This life will be hard. And giving up some things will be very hard. But it's all worth it. Do you know how hard it is to be away from you? It sucks. But this is worth so much more. I would rather be dirt poor, with no friends and have the gospel than be rich, with lots of friends and popularity, without it. It means more than anything. Heavenly Father wants you back. 
I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment