Thursday, August 9, 2012

Staying Put!

Whoa guess where I am? I'm at the "P's" house. Guess what I'm using? Their iPad. I feel at home :) haha. Anyway.. Hiii everyone! How's it going? It's all good here in Plantation. I'm staying here with elder "L"! I'm glad because I hate one transfer areas. Plus Elder "L" has been my fave comp so far. We have a lot of fun together, while still working hard of course. He's from bountiful and this is his second to last transfer! He's got three months left. 
Ooh. This morning all four of us went on a sunrise. We woke up at 5:30 (ugh) and went to the beach and saw the sun come up. It was way sweet. Oh guess what beach? Fort Lauderdale Beach! Remember the weird swinging tables and Bubba Gump and the swim Hall of Fame and that cool walkway? Well I was right there!!! I have some pics that I'll try to send home today, but it was so cool. We're also going to Sawgrass Mall today. Apparently it's like the 7th largest in America.. And a big tourist attraction. Oh which reminds me... Can I have some money to buy stuff? I'm getting something from each of the areas I serve. And I only have something frm Boynton.. So I need Flagler and Wellington and here. Thanksss.
So gator wise.. We met a way solid lady last Sunday, we knocked and she said come back Tuesday, so I thought it w no big deal. Anyway, we went back Tuesday and had a good lesson with her. She accepted to be baptized. Her kids are teenage/early 20's and I guess there like anti religion and think their mom is crazy.. But "J" was totally on board. She had us over on Thursday for dinner. So we were there with her and her 21 yo daughter. The 14 yo son was in the room and wouldn't come out at all. Even on Tuesday, he just stayed in there blasting metal. We've never seen him. On Thursday, "J" kept knocking on the door saying get some food. He just wouldn't come out because he hates religion so bad and he sees us as just religion. Anyway, I guess the next day the kid was talking to his psychologist and said that his mom was neglecting home and starving him because she was meeting with missionaries and just a bunch of crap like that, even though she was telling him to come get food the whole time.  So she called us and told us that things needed to be put on hold til she can resolve things with her son. stupid. (The other) "J" is still cool. After her trip she got really sick so we still haven't been able to see her. Everyone else is still kinda lame. Oh well. I'm happier this week. 
On Friday I went on 24 hr exchange with elder "S" haha remember him? It was kinda cool. Other than that, not much else is happening here. I love this iPad. That's probably why this email is so long. Or maybe it just seems long... Anyway. I love you guys a lot! Pics should come this week! Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment