Monday, October 8, 2012

General Conference

Conference was SOO good. Elder Holland’s talk was so so good. I'm listening to it right now. I loved it so much. Ah man. I can't believe how good it was. All of the talks were way good. All of the First Presidency did really good in Priesthood (sorry ladies). Dallin H. Oaks threw down as well. Remember the Oaks in this ward? Well his uncle is Dallin. So that's cool. I can't believe conference is over. Now it's back to the grind.. I have one more conference left... So weird. I come home right before next year's so if you could, I'd like to go.. I don't think I've been to a session. Maybe one but when I was like 7. Oh and I don’t know when he spoke but Robert C. Gay of the Seventy is in the Wellington Ward. He was here a couple weeks ago and he told us missionaries that our mission is one of the best in the nation. We're pushing the Utah missions in number of baptisms. 

We have a new investigator named “S.” She's way awesome. We met her and her family harvesting. We've taught her like twice and she likes it a lot. She's 17 and a couple sisters have sat in but it's mostly her. She came to the last half of yesterday afternoon's session and like it a lot. Especially Elder Nash's.. But at least she heard the prophet. We're seeing her tonight.

So since Elder “W” has been out of commission a lot, I've had the chance to study more. It has been really nice. Even though I'd love to get out and work, it has really brought the Spirit more into my life. I have really been able to learn more about our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. I love the teachings of Joseph Smith. I bought some new black shoes because my other ones were falling apart on the inside. They're nice and should last. Last week I also bought 2 journals. We went to Barnes and Noble to the journal section and I got a nice brown leather one. Then we wandered around and we got to the Harry Potter section and I found the coolest Deathly Hallows journal so I bought that one too. haha. Oh.. And last week, I washed my chap stick in the wash. I had gotten the bag of all of them out, there was like 10, and put it on my suitcase on the ground. I put all my white's on that suitcase to keep my shirts from getting wrinkled so I just threw them on top of the chapstick. Well I picked them all up in my arms and I guess accidentally picked up the bag of chapstick too... So I washed ALL of my chapstick.... :(

K I love you guys! Thanks for everything. I miss you and Love you all!

Elder Jaren Thorne

No comments:

Post a Comment