Monday, October 1, 2012

Half Way Point

Another week in Wellington. It's been fun but the work still is rough. We still haven't been able to get out as much as we want. But oh well. On hump day we had district training then afterwards we went to 5 Guys. Man it was so good. It's weird because it was actually on the 26th when things started to become "downhill". I come home September 26th next year.. I don’t know if you knew that or not.. But yeah. It's weird. I feel like I've grown a lot. Maybe. I still always feel like weird being a missionary. But whatever. I love teaching people about the Gospel. I've really come to understand the Savior and His Gospel more. That's been the best part of my mission so far. To learn for myself all these things. Not to be selfish or anything... But it's meant a lot. I love helping people accept it and live it too :)

On Wednesday, guess who was signed up to feed us that day.. The “A” family! (They all have different last names.. but that's what the ward refers them as) That was a lot of fun. The dad just brought home some KFC for us to eat. It was good. The two youngest girls won so they sat next to me. haha. At the end, I asked them (all the daughters, mom was in the other room) what their favorite part about church is and then to bear their testimony. It was great. The 2 youngest, “L” and “E,” were way excited because they were planning to bear theirs in fast and testimony meeting that Sunday. But it was awesome. The 13 year old, “D,” is way awesome. She has like the best testimony ever and wants to serve a mission and go to school in Utah. Then at the end, the 3 youngest had me write something in their BoM's. Ha that was a good day. 

That was the highlight of the week probably. When we were harvesting once, we talked to this lady outside of her house and asked her if we could say a prayer with her. She was walking out to her car to grab something so she asked if we could do it at the car. We said yes. So we walk over with her and I asked her if there was anything in specific that she needed from Christ at that time and she started crying. Then she asked that her back would feel better because she had surgery like 6 months ago and she needed to start working again so that she could support her family. It was pretty cool.

Other than that, not a whole lot going on. I'm almost out of chapstick.. I can't live without that stuff haha. Also, remember that Alex Boye article you sent? The one about him being homeless for his faith I think. Well it printed weird and I didn't get the whole article. And I kept forgetting about it. So can I have another one? I got the pizza and sim card. Thanks a whole lot. “S” is a cool guy. I don't remember him being at our house though.... But I do remember playing bball with him. Good times. Anyway. K I love you guys! I miss you all. I can't believe that it's all downhill from here. So crazy. But I can't wait to see what's ahead. I LOVE YOU!
Elder Jaren Thorne

No comments:

Post a Comment