Monday, April 29, 2013

Minor(?) concussion

Hey family
This week was ok... So.. Last Monday, after emailing, we were playing some basketball with the sisters.. And.. Sister Chavous and I both went for the ball.... And her elbow went straight into my head. Like right under the chin, where you try to hit someone while boxing to knock them out. I didn't get knocked out, but I got a minor concussion :) From Monday to Thursday I was down and out. Ha. I'm fine now. Everything's all good. It just made for a boring week ha. But here's a crazy story. “D” was all set to be baptized Sunday. We had a super good FHE on Friday with a member family at their home. And she was all set to be baptized after church. Saturday at about 6, we went over to review the interview questions. Right when she answers the door, after greeting she goes, 'I was thinking we should push the baptism to next Sunday. I have finals this week and I need to study and being at church for 5 hours will mess that up.' So I go into Jaren mode (I'm super good at being under control during intense emergencies) So I'm like, no. You'll do tons better on your finals with the Holy Ghost. We'll do the baptism right after sacrament meeting. You'll be home before 11. She said ok. But: problem. Now I have to coordinate that with Bishop and WML. I call Brother “A” and tell him what's up. He said he'll coordinate it with the ward, and I said I'll do the mission stuff. I called the AP's and told them the situation and asked if they could do the interview that night at 8 (we were going to do it during church Sunday). They said probably and that I needed to talk to President. People have to come to church at least 2 times before they can get baptized in this mission. She'd only been once. So I called him. He didn't answer so I left a message. Bro “A” and I are texting back and forth trying to figure out how we'll get the room because the nursery is the baptism room. “D” had told us that she wanted someone of 'high rank' to baptize her, so we had Bro “A” ask him as well. President calls back and I explain the situation and he gives the ok. Then I had to call the RS president and other members to invite them. Then I had to call the senior couple, the “S's” if they could go get “D” at 7:30 instead of 8:30. Then we had to ride our bikes to “D's.” And she lives CLEAR in the heck out there. (We had gotten a ride from Creole earlier). We met the AP's there at 8 and they were still trying to figure out rides and getting people to church for their own area. Elder “G” stayed with Elder “B” at the interview and I went with Elder “S” to do an interview for them. We left and drove out to their area and the guy wasn't home, so we stopped by a couple people. By the time we left there, it was 9, so the other 2 AP's (there's 4) had to go get Elders “G” and “B.” Elder “S” and I got to our apt at about 9:15. Then we waited there until 9:45 for the other elders to get back! They get there and I give Elder “G” a hug and he goes, "She needs a little bit more time. Call me if you have any question."  ....................................... What. Freak. So I had to call Everyone back and tell them it was cancelled. Ugh. Dang. Oh well. Next week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment